Now witness the power of this fully armed and operational battle station.
New job means new laptop means it's time to clean and re-org the desk.
- Leftmost blue skies
- Linux laptop (a free hand-me-down from a job ten years ago). Acting as the house Plex / streaming media server, usually tucked away more discreetly than this.
- Left top green forest
- Heavy duty work / gaming Linux laptop ("hardware bonus" from my last employer). Has been my primary work machine, but sounds like it's getting replaced by...
- Left bottom spaceship drawing
- Macbook Pro (Brand new! Just unwrapped yesterday. Thank you new employer Lambda!) Looks like this means I'm returning to developing on a Mac and VMs, after a full decade on Ubuntu & derivatives. I'm told Docker for Desktop now behaves better than it used to.
- Left bottom, under the Mac
- You can sort of see the 10" whiteboard I use to combat ADHD by writing a sentence about what I'm supposed to be working on, then I can spot it every few minutes and drag my mind back to the task in hand. (a technique described in the fabulous Self Command by Chris DeLeon.
- Main monitor and wireless tenkeyless mechanical keyboard & mouse combo, all switchable to any of the laptops. Under the keyboard you can sort-of see the Magic the Gathering 13x24" gaming mat (free from local gaming store's MtG lessons) pressed into duty as the world's most gigantic, beautiful, and luxurious mouse mat.
- Right monitor, keyboard and mouse
- are wired to the Windows gaming PC under the desk (not visible). The kiddo's current Astroneer session is visible. The monitor is switchable to any of the laptops.
- Right tab
- Absolute workhorse 12.6" Android tablet on which I do most of my reading, laid in the picture here just to be gratuitous.